SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand the outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills.
Volunteering as a SCORE mentor means you are joining a community of 10,000+ diverse volunteers who are all committed to helping small business owners succeed. As a chapter, we face all the challenges a small business faces: marketing, analysis, human resources, technology. If you have a few hours a month or a few hours a day, whether you:
- have your own small business or come from a Fortune 500 company and have skills to share or want to grow professionally
- are retired, a college student or currently employed
- have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering and want to give back to the business community
There is a place for you as a SCORE volunteer!
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Mentor entrepreneurs; share your success and expertise by mentoring new businesses and growing establishments
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve in another capacity at SCORE (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, HR, etc.)
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time