Basic Business Seminars & More...
SCORE® offers free or low-cost business training workshops and seminars for both start-up and for in-business entrepreneurs. One of most popular is Business Basics Seminar. This day long seminar, offered monthly, is designed with small business entrepreneurs in mind, who either want to start a new business or learn more about some of the basic aspects of operating a small business.
Basic Business Seminar
Presenters are practicing professionals from the fields of accounting, law, banking as well as business managers from a variety of industries. Other facilitators are SCORE® Counselors who have years of industry and business experiences as well. You will also receive a comprehensive Business Basics Manual which will answer many of your questions.
Topics addressed include:
- Assessing the appropriate type of business for you.
- Factors to consider in buying a business.
- Establishing a new business, selecting a name, trademarks, etc.
- Legal considerations in forming/operating a business in Connecticut.
- Financing a business.
- Pricing of products or services.
- Principles of financing and accounting.
- Preparing and understanding financial statements.
- Small business recordkeeping.
- Seminars are held every third Tuesday of each month (except December) and run from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- On-Line: $35;
- On the day of the seminar: $45 per person.
A 175 pages Business Basics Manual will be provided with details on the topics presented and useful business references.
- Register Today and reserve your place in our next seminar! (see Upcoming Events above).
- Once payment is completed, you will receive an email confirmation. Please, present that confirmation to the Registrar on the day of the seminar. It represents the only proof that you have registered and it will serve as proof of payment.
- You can also register on the day of the seminar by personal check starting at 8:30 AM.
Location and Parking:
- Rensselaer-Hartford, Room 400 located at 275 Windsor Street, Hartford (near the Crowne Plaza Hotel). Parking is free in either lot or parking garage. Facility is handicap accessible.
Luncheon Services Included:
- Lunch is funded through Sam's Club sponsorship for 2014.
Comments from previous attendees:
- "Very helpful for planning my business. The handout material alone is worth the fee.”
- “Very good information in an easily understood format. I got my questions answered.”
- “The lawyer clarified my thinking on the importance of risk protection.”
- “All presenters were very professional and the information conveyed was useful.”
- “Great Workshop! Well worth the time.”
No local events listed at this time.