Basic Business Seminars & More...
Basic Business Seminar
SCORE® offers free or low-cost business training workshops and seminars for both start-up and for in-business entrepreneurs. One of most popular is Business Basics Seminar. This day long seminar, offered monthly, is designed with small business entrepreneurs in mind, who either want to start a new business or learn more about some of the basic aspects of operating a small business.
Presenters are practicing professionals from the fields of accounting, law, banking as well as business managers from a variety of industries. Other facilitators are SCORE® Counselors who have years of industry and business experiences as well. You will also receive a comprehensive Business Basics Manual which will answer many of your questions.
Topics addressed include:
- Assessing the appropriate type of business for you.
- Factors to consider in buying a business.
- Establishing a new business, selecting a name, trademarks, etc.
- Legal considerations in forming/operating a business in Connecticut.
- Financing a business.
- Pricing of products or services.
- Principles of financing and accounting.
- Preparing and understanding financial statements.
- Small business recordkeeping.
A 175 pages Business Basics Manual will be provided with details on the topics presented and useful business references. Lunch is funded through Sam's Club sponsorship for 2014.
Register by selecting the right date for you (above or on our calendar)
Comments from previous attendees:
- "Very helpful for planning my business. The handout material alone is worth the fee.”
- “Very good information in an easily understood format. I got my questions answered.”
- “The lawyer clarified my thinking on the importance of risk protection.”
- “All presenters were very professional and the information conveyed was useful.”
- “Great Workshop! Well worth the time.”
Other Seminars the Greater Hartford Chapter Participated In 2014
- Diverse Supplier Development Academy is a program that was developed in coordination with The Diverse Supplier Development Academy, Inc, Northeast Utilities and the University of Connecticut (UCONN). It is a 12 week program designed to assist the participants to grow their businesses.
- Business Boot Camp, a series of evening seminars coordinated by the Small Business Association (SBA)
- A Morning of Social Media developed in partnership with Constant Contact.
No local events listed at this time.